Appraisal documents include:
- A detailed description of each item providing identification
measurements, weight calculations
- Digital photograph of each item enlarged to show detail
- Plotting of diamonds over Ĺ carat
- Proportion analysis of all diamonds over 1 carat
- Colored stone grading and plotting of stones over 1 carat.
- Research valuation at appropriate market level
- Identification of designer and manufacturer when possible.
- Photocopies of certificates, when available
- Metal content
- Photomicrographs (photographs taken through the microscope) are used sometimes for insurance claims or for showing makerís mark which is sometimes significant.
- Explanation of value definitions or industry-specific terminology.
- Two copies of document, one for insurance company,